According to a recent infographic by CallCenterhosting.com here are their 8 Tips for Social Media Customer Service.
According to the data included in this new listing from CallCenter Hosting, 80% of consumers now use social platforms to engage with brands. Social media is faster than traditional telephone outreach, can be more responsive, and is available on the platforms where people are increasingly spending their time. In combination, the data shows that customers want your business to be providing some level of support via these networks.
It’s time to meet them where they’re at.
Customers Love Going Social
90% of consumers use social media to communicate with brands
63% of consumers are satisfied with the response time in social media
59% of people with social media accounts believe that social media has made customer service more accessible
54% of Social Browsers use social media to research products
According to Forrester Research 80% of consumers use social media to engage with brands.
What is Social media customer service?
Social media customer services the practice of providing good quality customer support through various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Insta
The benefits of investing in Social Care for Customer Service are-
SALES: Companies developing social care capabilities grew revenue per contact by 6.7% versus a 12.1% decline for those without that capability.
SAVINGS: It costs as little as $1 to solve a customer issue on social media, which is nearly one-sixth that of many call centre interactions.
SATISFACTION: Top notch social care companies improved customer satisfaction by 19 percent, versus 5 percent for all other factors.
8 Tips for Social Media Customer Service
- Respond Faster – Integrate customer service platforms to turn social media posts, messages, and tweets into tickets. Give highest priority to technical problems, complaints and product issues for quick resolutions.
- Be Proactive – Once mutually connected with customers, send them regular updates such as new offers, discounts, about services and more, changes in pricing plan, and other helpful information.
- Personalised Services – No one wants to hear a generic response. #SocialisHuman . Make customer service interactions human and personable, not robotic and automated.
- Empathise with Customers – Firstly, understand the customer’s purpose, detect their tone of voice, and then use collated information to reply with empathy.
- Don’t always Auto-Respond – Auto-responses destroy the purpose of personalisation. Instead, create different templates for common inquiries.
- Stick to the Right Channel – Be available to your customers on the right social media channel and address their needs accordingly. For example, on LinkedIn, you need more professional approaching comparison to other channels like Facebook and Instagram.
- Take Things Online – Sometimes, agents need sensitive customer information or are not allowed to write long reply. In those cases, transfer the conversation to other channels like, phone or email with a friendly and helpful tone.
- Maintain Consistency – Provide customers the same level of quality, accuracy, and professionalism on social media as on phone and email.
Getting started with social media
If you aren’t already familiar with social media, the terminology and the range of different services can seem daunting at first.
But it’s worth learning more. Most social media services are affordable and easy to use, and they can put your business in touch with customers like never before.
If you want to Grow your business or need help with digital and social media marketing, we’d be more than happy to work with you.
View our full range of marketing services that are tailored specifically for your business.
To see samples of our work visit our Projects page here.
2 Sons Marketing
Phone: +61 2 9822 9554
Mobile: +61 414 997 205
Sydney, NSW, Australia